- "The added value of engaging citizens on the Web is that it's a different channel that attracts people who may not participate through other means."
- Peter Thomson, Wolverhampton City Council's Policy Officer for e-government, (show)
- "Webocrat has brought our communication with the citizens to a higher level. From my point of view the image of the city ward has improved."
- Ladislav Lumtzer, the ward's mayor (show)
- "Please tell the Webocracy team that I enjoyed very much their dummy eGov site. It is functional, clear and well readable. Congratulations, for this effort towards transparency!"
- Michel Chevallier, Secrétaire adjoint, CHANCELLERIE D'ETAT, GENEVE
Project of the month November 2003: WEBOCRACY
The IST-funded project WEBOCRACY developed a Webocrat system to speed up the modernisation of information systems and allow citizens to participate more actively in opinion polls and the discussion of local issues as well as allowing them to access information about local services more easily through the Internet. (read more... / see Questions & Answers)
Jan Paralic and Tomas Sabol: Knowledge Technologies in Support of e-Government and e-Democracy. In: ERCIM News No. 52, January 2003.
E-democracy in Wolverhampton. In: EuropeMedia, June 30, 2003.
Tomas Sabol and Peter Thomson: Electronic democracy for Wolverhampton. In: IST Results.
Tomas Sabol and Jan Paralic: Work with Knowledge for Support of e-Government (PDF format). In: Conference Znalosti 2003.
Joss Hands : E–deliberation and local governance: The role of computer mediated communication in local democratic participation in the United Kingdom. In: First Monday, volume 10, number 7 (July 2005).
Jan Paralic, Tomas Sabol, Marian Mach: A System to Support e-Democracy. In: In: LNCS 2456, Electronic Government, R. Traunmuller, K. Lenk (Eds.), Proc. of the First International Conference EGOV 2002, Aix-en-Provence, France, September, 2002, LNCS 2456, Springer, ISSN 0302-9743, ISBN 3-540-44121-2, pp. 288-291. (PS GZ)
Facts and figures concerning e-government in Slovakia. In: ACTeN: Anticipating Content Technology Trends. Thematic Network of IST.
J.Paralic, T.Sabol and M.Mach. First Trials in Webocracy. In: Electronic Government, R. Traunmuller (Ed.). Proc. of the Second International Conference EGOV 2003, Prague, September 2003, Springer, ISBN 3-540-40485-2, LNCS 2739, ISSN 0302-9743, pp. 69-74 (PDF).